Winning Team Ideas... You’ve got to ASK to GET!
1. Divas Unite! Let everyone know that you have signed up for The Strut. Take a moment to explain why you support Glam-A-THON and how the dollars raised stay in the local community, helping local women affected by breast cancer. Share your personal story about why breast cancer initiatives are so important to you. Let them know what your fundraising goal is and then ask for a donation. Spread the message of help and hope and people will happily support your efforts. They might even join your team!
2. Social Media – use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and every other social platform to post about your team and ask your social network to help you KISS BREAST CANCER GOODBYE©!
3. Start posting photos of members as you build your team and ask them to share your posts so they can begin fundraising as well.
4. PETS! - everyone who loves their pup wants to show them off – what better idea than adding them to your Glam Team?
5. Doggie Divas at the Groomers – arrange Doggie Diva events for your team at your local groomers and ask your groomer to donate a percentage of sales to your team.
6. Pets and Vets – Ask your veterinarian to support your team through an office donation and maybe register the office staff to join your team at The Strut.
7. Corporate Matching - Take advantage of corporate matching gifts programs. Many of your donors may work for companies that have a program like this — their donation could double simply by filling out a form from their Human Resources department and following the steps to submit a matching gift.
8. Something to Celebrate! Are you celebrating a special birthday, anniversary, graduation, your child’s bar mitzvah, bat mitzvah or Quinceano? Wrap your special occasion around your fundraising. If it’s your 50th birthday, start an online challenge like, “Please help me to provide 50 diagnostic mammograms to women in need for my 50th birthday. Each diagnostic mammogram is $150 and my donation goal is $7500. You gift will help to get me there. Thank you!”
9. Corporate Sponsor Shirts and Naming Rights - Find a corporate sponsor that you can ask for a large donation. Offer to wear their shirt and allow them to have Naming Rights and name your team for The Strut
10. Restaurants – Do you frequent restaurants and bars in the community? Ask the General Manager if they will assist your fundraising by allowing a fundraising jar. Need some help from Glam-A-THON? Send us an email at email@example.com.
11. Team Happy Hour – ask a local restaurant or bar to host your team happy hour and include the first drink free plus some lite bites. Ask each team member to invite 10 friends and charge $10 per person for admission. You can raise hundreds of dollars in a 2 or 3-hour happy hour while having a great time with your guests. Try to stage 3 or 4 of these events over the next few months and invite different groups of guests to attend. Everyone loves happy hour to benefit a fabulous cause!
12. Gym Class – do you belong to a gym or club like Orange Theory, Pure Barre, Fit or Fight, Cross Fit, 24 Hour Gym, etc? Ask the gym to support your team efforts and help to do a fundraising day (or weekend) to raise funds for Glam-A-THON which will be applied to your team totals.
13. Yoga – ask your instructor for a personal donation and ask if you can speak to the class to seek additional donations. Perhaps your class will want to join your team!
14. Professional Services - Ask your doctor, lawyer, dry cleaners, car mechanics, pest control companies, clothing stores, and anyone YOU spend money with. They will want to support your fundraising efforts.
15. Cut-a-thon for Glam-A-THON! If not a donation in the form of a check, then perhaps in the form of haircuts! See if he/she will host a hair-cut-a-thon in the salon (or in your garage!). You can probably raise more donations in two hours of haircutting than you can imagine — be sure to get the word out!
16. Make it Yours! Do you have a great idea we can share? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.